Pages

23 June 2010

Our cover boys.

Look at those gorgeous boys on the cover of this week's The Weekly Times.

I know you might think I'm biased, but it really demonstrates their special relationship perfectly. Look at the way Bingo has his leg on Bren's leg and the way they are staring into each others' eyes. Love it!

This morning when we were driving out to take the girls to school, one of the chook fences was down and Bingo was patrolling the border making sure none of his precious chickens escaped. One of the girls joked that the chooks wanted to head into town to buy the paper that they too were on the cover of.

This is what the cover looks like and no, the 'Mutton madness' has nothing to do with us. There is another photo and article on page four but the real, full length article will be in next week's issue.

Who would have thought that Victoria's mainstream rural paper, 'The voice of the country since 1869' would put a half page photo of an organic farmer on its cover? Good for you for moving with the times Weekly Times.

I made him pose for this photo when we went to buy the paper this morning, but I wish I'd also taken one of the excited newsagent staff reading their copies and telling us what a great photo they thought it was.

Last week's The Weekly Times also had this photo of Bren and Joel Salatin accompanying an article about Joel's visit to Daylesford.

And I just found this photo on their website taken at last Saturday's Show Grounds Farmers' Market.

Phew, what a great week for Daylesford Organics in the news. The scrap book is getting fatter. And all of this without paying a publicist, yay!

I hope you are having a great week out there.

16 comments:

pen said...

glorious!
making love-eyes at each other!
pin-up boys
I need eggs........

Becky said...

Wonderful photos, well done for being 'news' :)

Chicken Willow said...

What a wonderful photo. I love that you use Maremma's for protecting the hens. Hope you're having a lovely day. xx

Cathie said...

that's an amazing photo!!
congrats boys and of course girls aswell.
well done sweet family

Leonie Guld said...

I agree with the others...what a magic shot!!!! Did you take it? I'll always have a soft spot for a pic of a man and his dog!!

Manda said...

Kate i almost had a heart attack when my farmer boy walked in with the paper and i instantly recognised the boy and his chooks hehee.....so cool for you guys and its a really great photo.x

ZippyZippy said...

Great shot! Congratulations to all, you desrerve it - The boys all love the pic too :)

Liz said...

well done to both of you, just buy another scrap book, looks like you're gonna need it...
Lizzie
xxx

Tania Verdez said...

Absolutely bloody gorgeous! Such a great photo! What a wonderful poster boy for organic farming your Bren is :) You guys rock x x

teddybearswednesday said...

What a gorgeous photo. I love it.
Such wonderful news, I love your guys are getting the coverage/attention you so deserve.xo

Thea said...

Beautiful photo! I love all the ladies in the background. Congrats for getting organics to the public eye.

Cherie said...

BEAUTIFUL ... adorable, you can see the love! Yayyyy, You guys deserve every skerrick of recognition. xo

Sherri B. said...

That photo is just precious! And congratulations to all of you for your, obvious, great success.

Aussie Maria said...

Love the photo and congrats on all the latest publicity

Julie said...

Fabulous photo and publicity. Well done. Out to buy my copy in the morning.

Michelle said...

Well done guys!

I also just wanted to let you know that I listed you on my 'market' section in the resource page of my blog: http://healthfoodlover.com/hfl/resources/#markets

Hope to one day visit Daylesford and visit your stall!